Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ugh. Mail.

Remember when you were a kid and it was so exciting to get mail? Well, it just isn't that way once you are an adult.

Case in point...today's mail:
1. Our Charter internet bill. We are locked in at a monthly rate of $39.99. So imagine my excitement when this month's bill is $74.99. Why is it higher? Well, Charter billed us for a service call. We had been having consistent trouble with our wifi. Bill replaced the router but the problems continued. He finally had Charter come out and take a look at it. Turns out it was THEIR problem. They were feeding way too strong a signal into the house. Since the problem was outside the house and was their responsibility, we were not supposed to have been billed for it. and yet, there it was. Bill grumbled quite a bit and said he'd be having a chat with Charter tomorrow.

2. We got our Explanation of Benefits for our trip to the chiropractor three weeks ago. We have an H.S.A. plan and we finally hit our deductible for the year. That means the appointment should have been covered in full for the entire family. But for some reason, all five of our appointments were processed as an out-of-network visit, meaning Blue Cross didn't pay a dime of it. Ugh! Now I have to track down someone at the chiropractor's office (and of course they are closed until next week) and ask them to resubmit the claim. Otherwise, I have a bill of nearly $200 hanging over my head.

3. This one was my personal favorite. I received a letter from the Spectrum Health Weight Loss Clinic letting me know that a certain doctor was no longer participating in bariatric surgery. I would need to see someone else in the practice.

Um. What? I have never in my life consulted a weight loss physician, especially regarding bariatric surgery. Is someone trying to tell me something?

Like I said, mail isn't any fun anymore.

No comments: