Saturday, July 14, 2012

So smart it's scary

The boys have gotten so dirty during our week camping, that showers have become part of our evening ritual. Cran-Hill has two family bathrooms, which means there is a private shower, toilet, and sink in a bathroom. And a bench for me to sit on while Sam and Nolan play in the shower. I couldn't live without that bench. The ventilation in the family bathrooms is pretty bad and it gets so hot in there I can hardly stay upright.

(TJ, by the way, has informed me that he is too old to shower with his brothers, so he has been showering on his own every night. My baby is growing up. Sniff, sniff)

So tonight, Bill is in the bathroom helping me. He's toweling off Nolan and I am drying Sam. Out of the blue, Sam says, "Mom, when you are 65, I will be 35."

I stopped toweling him and just stared at him. I asked him how he knew that. He said, "Oh, I just thought it up right now." I looked over at Bill, and I could tell he was double-checking the math in his head. But Sam was exactly right.

I told Sam that he was so smart it scared me. He was very confused by that statement. I laughed and told him he could keep on being smart, even if I was scared.

No comments: