Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Sam Baron and the Case of the Missing Underpants

Last week, we encountered a mystery of epic proportions while at Cran-Hill. I still haven't figured it out.

For the first four days, Sam slept on the bottom bunk in the back of my parent's camper. After that, he joined me in the pop up. So while he was in my mom's camper, it meant I was not there to see him get dressed in the morning.

I had to do some laundry on Tuesday, because Nolan's overnight Pull-up failed (a rather common occurrence, unfortunately). So I gathered up everyone's laundry and headed to the facilities provided by the camp. When I was folding laundry, I noticed Sam had only one pair of underwear in the wash. He should have had two pairs. I was puzzled and asked my mom to keep an eye out for the missing pair.

Fast forward to Friday night. I had gotten Sam through the camp shower, walked him and Nolan back to our camper, and put them in bed. No more than 5 minutes passed between when I walked in the camper to when I walked out. I came out and laying in plain sight in the grass was a pair of Sam's underwear. It was NOT the pair he had been wearing that day (trust me--it was different Lego Star Wars characters). I asked John, Amanda, and Nate if they knew where this pair had come from, but they had no idea what I was talking about. I was (and still am) completely confused. Did this pair fall out of the sky? Was this the missing pair from earlier in the week? Where had they been hiding and where did they come from?

Things only got more strange the next day. I did more laundry. Sam should have had 4-5 pairs of underwear in the wash. How many did he have? Two. The pair I found outside, and the pair he had taken off that morning in the pop up and I set in the laundry basket. Where is the rest of his dirty underwear? After I got back from the laundry room, I asked Sam if he had been changing his underwear every day. Sam was highly insulted and insisted that he had been. So, where are all these other pairs? Will my mom find them in some unusual place when she empties out the trailer? Why, oh why, can Sam not use the laundry basket??

And the biggest question of all--do I want the missing underwear to be found? :-)

No comments: