Thursday, February 24, 2011

Smart mouth

Mornings are busy times in the Baron household...especially the four mornings I work. Yesterday morning was no different. I was trying to get breakfast on the table, but TJ couldn't decide which type of cereal he wanted. So I left the cupboard door open and hurried down the hall to attend to Nolan. He woke up DRY and needed to go potty. Woo hoo! Then, I hurried back to the kitchen to finish breakfast.

As I went down the hall, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I was playing a game of Scrabble with my sister (I think), and it was my turn. I pulled my phone out and was looking at my options as I walked into the dining room. I completely forgot that I had left the cupboard door open. I'm almost short enough to walk right underneath it. Almost...but not quite. I cracked the top of my head on the door. It HURT! TJ was sitting on a bar stool and gasped quite loudly. Then he said in his wisest, most grown-up tone,

"Mommy, that's why you shouldn't text and walk."

I can laugh about it now, but at that moment, holding my head in agony, all I could do was correct him that I was NOT texting.

Ugh.

No comments: