Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another concept mastered

TJ now understands the concept of dates. We were on our way to a doctor's appointment today and out of the blue TJ said, "Hey, I got my camera in 2009." I had to think back, but he was exactly right. He got his camera in November 2009.

Another skill he has mastered is back-seat driving. He told me I missed my exit (he thought we were going to see the pediatrician, but we were going across town to see his ENT), he told me to pass a truck that was driving too slow, and he told me to drive faster. Lovely.

However, he still hasn't quite grasped "old" and "new". He looked at my Facebook profile picture tonight. It is currently the picture we used on our Christmas cards, so it's about two months old. He told me it was 'really old' and that I needed to put a new picture up. He said, "Gee, wasn't I five when you took that picture? I had more teeth then!" He's right about the teeth, but wrong about the age.

Maybe he can convince his brothers to hold still so I can take a new picture of the three of them. Since the one on Facebook is SO ancient....

No comments: