Friday, February 26, 2010

Easy as Cake

TJ has a new phrase he likes to say. "Easy as cake." He has combined the phrases "Easy as pie" and "Piece of cake". I never knew cake was easy.

We dog-sat for Puka last week. She belongs to some friends of ours. TJ loves having Puka over and was very disappointed when she went home on Monday. On Tuesday night, however, he told me, "Mom, it's okay that Puka went home. She needs to be with her mom and dad sometimes, too."

He can be a handful, but my little boy has a big heart.

***

TJ has a bladder infection. I did not know boys could get bladder infections. Interesting. Poor kid has been trying to avoid using the bathroom though, since it hurts. He'll have his second dose of antibiotics in the morning, so I am hoping some of the pain will subside by afternoon.

Honestly, though, I wish he'd stop telling me his 'wiener' hurts. I did not teach him that word. I stick with the anatomically correct words. Sam refers to it as his 'squirt'. That makes me laugh, and it doesn't sound nearly as crass.

***

This afternoon, Sam observed me putting a band-aid on TJ's finger. He had caught and torn a fingernail, and it was so short it was painful. Sam commented, "You'd better give me a band-aid before I hurt myself." Preemptive bandaging?

***

Nolan, at only 22 months of age, has developed a resistance to amoxicillan. Dandy. He had a double ear infection last Friday, and was still not acting right, so he went to the doctor yesterday. Both ears were still infected. He's on a stronger antibiotic and we are following up with the doctor in two weeks. I'm afraid of tubes (due to the trauma TJ experienced while under anesthesia) but I am very concerned about Nolan's resistance to antibiotics. He's been on them 6 times in 14 months for ear infections. Not good.

I need spring.

No comments: