Monday, March 9, 2009

Walk Thru The Bible

Next month our church is hosting a day-long seminar called "Walk Through the Bible". I think it's supposed to be the Old Testament in a nutshell. There are several seminars with breaks and snacks in between. I'll be at the first session, since it's the material for the morning worship. After that, I have small children, so I'll be heading home with them.

Anyway, the church is trying hard to plug this and get as many people involved as they can. Last week, they had the two women who run the youth programs explaining the day to us. Yesterday during the service, there was a mini-drama. A man dressed as Moses (down to the makeup, crazy wig, and huge walking stick) stomped into the sanctuary and loudly (and repeatedly) invited us all there. I was quite amused by the drama. I recognized 'Moses' as Ken, the man who organizes the kids' drama every Wednesday night. TJ was watching Moses in fascination. He turned to me and whispered, "Mama, who IS that?" I was just about to explain that it was Ken, the drama guy, when TJ added, "Is it JESUS?" Oh, too funny. I tried to explain that it was just a man from church dressed up, but TJ wasn't convinced.

The rest of the day he walked around the house yelling "April 19!" "April 19!" Thanks to Moses, TJ will not forget the date of Walk Through the Bible!

No comments: