Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ewwwww....

Sunday mornings in the nursery can be a bit rough for Nolan. He normally goes down for his morning nap around 9:30 or so, and church is from 9:00-10:00. He occasionally dozes off, but the noise and the lights wake him back up. This past Sunday, he fell asleep in the swing, but the nursery volunteers thought he looked too 'folded over', so they decided to move him to the crib (repeat after me, "Never, never, never touch a sleeping baby!"). Nolan woke up and was extremely upset. Another baby was also crying, so they decided to send Nolan over to the toddler side to separate the criers. Apparently, that did the trick. I suspect it was because Sam was over there, and Nolan adores his brothers. Anyway, Bill went to the toddler side to pick up Sam and discovered Nolan in there. He went to take him from the volunteer and she said (very apologetically), "We kept trying to give him his pacifier, but he just kept spitting it out." Bill's reply? "Ummm...that is NOT his pacifier." He said the girl looked as horrified as he felt. Yuck.

Another another gross story: my main bathroom, which I often refer to as the 'boys' bathroom'. TJ is the primary user of that bathroom, and well, like many boys, he has terrible aim. This is frustrating to me, because if we have guests, that's the bathroom they will use. I try to check the toilet seat daily and have a container of Lysol Disinfecting Wipes stored under the sink for quick wipe-ups (What did we do before those were invented?). Anyway, last week I went in there and found a HUGE mess on the back of the toilet seat, the side of the toilet, and on the floor. It was as if he had peed with his eyes shut. I called him into the bathroom, showed him the mess, and explained that potty was full of germs. I told him if he has an accident he needs to tell me right away, so I can clean up the germs. I told him it would start to smell bad if we left it there. He nodded and went back to playing. I figured he must have been listening a little, because the toilet has been fairly clean the past few days.

Earlier tonight he was in the bathroom with Bill, who was assisting with teeth brushing. I heard TJ say, "See Daddy? Look at the toilet. There are no little yellow dots. That means there are no germs." Part of me wanted to laugh, and part of me was proud he was taking this so seriously.

Beware of little yellow dots!

No comments: