Saturday, March 21, 2009

As fast as I can type them in...

They come up with more. I want to note these, as I forget quickly how funny my kiddos can be.

On Thursday morning, TJ wandered into the kitchen as I was getting my lunch together for work that day. It was about 7 a.m. He watched me and then said, "Are you going to work today?" I told him I was, to which he immediately replied "GOOD!" I asked him if he didn't like spending time with me, and he replied, "No, I like you, but Grandma's house has better toys. Hey, if someday Grandma's house starts falling down, we should bring her toys here so they are safe."

Friday was my Friday to work (still on the half-day every-other-Friday schedule). I had a doctor's appointment first, so I didn't go in very early. I got the boys up and fed. I informed TJ that while he was sleeping, spring had started. He seemed really excited about this. I reminded him that it can still be cold in the spring, but that warmer days are getting closer. After I left for work, my mom was horrified to discover that TJ had been going around, opening all of the windows. I don't think it was even 30 degrees at this point. TJ was extremely upset that Grandma shut the windows, insisting that Mama had said it was spring now.

Late yesterday afternoon, Sam found me sitting here at my chair, going through my box of greeting cards. I was pretty sure I had purchased cards for two of my nieces (Happy Birthday, Audrey and Suzy!) and I was trying to find them. Sam said, "What you doing, Mama? Are you getting a card for your Grandma?" He said this in a very patronizing voice, like he was talking to a very young child. It cracked me up. I don't think Sam likes to be talked down to. I never do it, but I know others do.

Sam continues to amaze me with his knowledge. He found an alphabet puzzle and has been telling me which letters are which. He knows all the hard ones (Q, Z, W, etc.), but stumbles on D, B, E, and F. I'm impressed only a couple trip him up.

Nolan wanted to taste my mom's coffee, so she let him have a couple drips. He liked it. Oh boy! All of a sudden, this kid is an eating machine. If it isn't moving, he wants to try it. I wonder if he'll actually have a significant weight gain by his next visit.

I keep promising to post pictures. Maybe tomorrow I can get the camera cleaned off.

No comments: