Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Today's Tidbits

It's another cold, miserable day. Too cold for TJ to play outside. He's getting stir-crazy. I feel sorry for him, which is why I said "yes" when he asked if he could build a fort.

TJ's idea of a fort is to pile every blanket, pillow, stuffed animal, and book he can find on either his bed or Sam's bed. It's a huge mess, so he has to promise that the mess will not leave his room, and that he will help pick it up.

Today the mess was on his bunk. He informed me that he sleeps on the 'Upper Case' and Sam sleeps on the 'Lower Case'. I managed not to laugh.

Here's a picture of a fort a week or so before Christmas. They've gotten much messier since he started dumping all of my old Beanie Babies into the pile:


Sam has two sayings that have special meaning. One is, "I need you." That always means "I'm hungry and need you to come with me so I can show you what I want to eat." The other saying is, "Carry you." He walks up to me or Bill and says, "Carry you". He expects you to say, "What, Sam? You want me to carry you?" In other words, "Carry you" means "Pick me up, please."

Nolan did something very exciting yesterday. He picked up a Fruit Puff and put it in his mouth. I know some of you are thinking, "So what?" This is a big deal! Sam wouldn't self-feed until after his first birthday. In fact, Sam didn't put anything in his mouth! It was a big concern for us at the time. So to see Nolan acting like a typical 9-month-old was very exciting. He really loves his Fruit Puffs. He opens his mouth when he sees me get the canister out of the cupboard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Upper Case" and "Lower case"-- too cute!