Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Single white male seeks girlfriend

This afternoon, Nolan was sitting at the counter, working on his homework. He's supposed to read a story, then do a writing activity about the story. Nolan dislikes this because he has to read the same story several days in a row (and it's only interesting the first time) and he detests the writing portion because writing is so tedious for him. So he often gets sidetracked while he procrastinates. 

Today was no exception. He actually interrupted his own reading to ask, "Do you have to be in college before you have a girlfriend?"

I thought this was a pretty random question, but I told him I thought it would be okay if he went on dates in high school, as long as he was with groups of kids. 

Nolan said, "what about now?" I asked him what he meant. He replied, "I want a girlfriend now!" I started laughing. I asked him if there was any particular girl he liked. No, no one in particular. So I laughed again and told him that for now, he should just have girls as his friends.

Well, that answer was boring, but he let it go. I'm sure he'll ask again tomorrow if he's old enough then. 

Watch out, fellow first graders. Nolan is on the prowl!

No comments: