Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sam's second favorite thing

We are camping at Cran Hill this week. It's a tradition that goes back over 20 years and my boys look forward to it just like I did when I was a kid. 

We left Sunday afternoon. That morning there was no children's programming at our church in Brighton, since it was a holiday weekend. The boys were extremely well-behaved, other than the occasional wiggle and whisper. I had three different women come up to me after the service to compliment the boys. And here I had been cringing over every little noise they made. Those compliments told me that I need to relax a little. Anyway, Sam spent part of the service making drawings of campers for each of us. 

Sam didn't ride up to the campground with me. He was determined to go up with Papa, his brand new truck, and the Jay Flight camper. My dad said that Sam talked nearly non-stop the whole way there. When I arrived, Sam immediately started helping me unpack and set up our unit (we borrowed Jared and Sarah's camper for the week). Sam gave me the biggest smile and announced that camping was his second-favorite thing to do. I asked him what his number one favorite was. He told me it was going to the Upper Peninsula with his family. 

Have I ever mentioned how much I love that boy?

No comments: