Friday, April 26, 2013

Well...

This evening at dinner time, Sam informed Bill and I that his brain is organized like a schema.

It was one of those statements where after he says it, both Bill and I sat in silence, wondering if we truly just heard what we thought we heard.

We did. My six-year-old knows the word schema. He was was very pleased with himself. Bill was both proud and amused. I think I'm proud, yet a little worried.

In case you are curious, here is the definition of schema (courtesy of Wikipedia):
In psychology and cognitive science, a schema (plural schemata or schemas), describes an organized pattern of thought or behavior. It can also be described as a mental structure of preconceived ideas, a framework representing some aspect of the world, or a system of organizing and perceiving new information.

No comments: