Thursday, April 11, 2013

Good guy vs. Bad guy

TJ and I got our hair cut tonight right after work. We got home just as Bill was putting dinner on the table (I made up the meatloaf yesterday, he baked it and made scalloped potatoes and biscuits). Because he was the one who was in the kitchen, he had music playing (I usually have the news on). I wasn't crazy about his choice of music, but I kept my mouth shut since he had been kind enough to make dinner.

But the music kept getting stranger. I finally stopped eating and just stared at Bill. He was busy talking, but he was also smiling because he knew exactly what I was thinking. Eventually I made a comment about the music. Immediately, TJ shot out of his chair, ran over to Bill's iPad, and changed the station on Bill's Pandora app. Bill protested and asked why TJ always takes my side.

TJ didn't even hesitate. He said, "Cuz Mom is the good guy!" We all burst out laughing. I immediately pictured the old Spy vs Spy from Mad Magazine. In case you were wondering, the white spy is the good spy. Cuz I said so.


No comments: