Friday, March 29, 2013

Doubting Thomas

For the Maundy Thursday service this year, Coopersville Reformed had the Living Last Supper for the service. Bill had been recruited to be one of the disciples. He agreed, but only if he could play Saint Thomas.

For the past six weeks, Bill has been growing out his beard (the guys were aiming for authenticity!) and going to weekly rehearsals at church. The boys knew that Daddy was going to be in a play, but I knew they didn't understand how different he would look and act.

Last night was the service. It ran about 75 minutes, so the kids were very tired and antsy by the end of the service. But, they were fascinated by the play. Bill did great! And he looked so different! Nolan cracked me up. He really wasn't convinced that man was his father. He had to consider carefully before he gave Daddy his good night kiss.

During the play, Sam asked me how babies are born ('no, seriously, how do they come out?'), he asked me if I would be sad if he got shot, and he farted loudly during a prayer. I wished the pew would swallow me up.

Here's Bill and the boys and the one picture I have of the 'painting'. Bill, unfortunately, is hiding behind one of the guys who are seated. You can see Bill's finger to the right of Jesus' head.



No comments: