Friday, January 4, 2013

Fire Hazard

This afternoon, I went in to TJ and Sam's room to strip their beds. I found the lovely display you see below. TJ had kindly hooked up the extension cord so he could decorate the bunk beds with Christmas lights. Sam loved it and plugged in a few more lights. I believe there are at least three strands of Christmas lights, a small Christmas tree, and two Nintendo DS chargers plugged into the extension cord. I rearranged a few strands of lights so that I could accomplish my bedding task.

Bill walked in while I was working and took a good look at the boys' electrical creation. "Well, that's probably not safe" was what he muttered before he started unplugging things. I laughed and asked him how many times his parents said those exact words when discovering things Bill had done around the house when he was a child.

No comments: