Friday, December 21, 2012

Up, down, east, west...

The boys love the DVD player in the van.  I don't mind it because it cuts down on the bickering and yelling when we travel.

Today, I had to take the van to the dealership to get a sensor reset and a new key made.  It's a long drive, so Nolan was busy watching "Despicable Me."  He reached the end of the movie and wanted me to start it over.

The DVD player is designed so that the driver cannot see the screen.  This makes sense, because the driver should probably be focused on the road.  But it makes it tricky when a child is trying to guide the driver through the menu operations.  Normally, TJ does the talking.  But today, it was just me and Nolan.  This is what he said:

"Go down."
"Go down."
"Go down."
"Go....west?"

He meant "right".  I laughed.  And managed to get the movie playing again.

No comments: