Monday, December 10, 2012

I stand corrected

Saturday morning, I was standing at the kitchen sink washing up the breakfast dishes. Sam was outside, thoroughly enjoying our first measurable snowfall of the year (we only had an inch or two).

Some movement across the street caught my eye and I was surprised to see a large group of deer running from my neighbor's yard across the street and through the yard next to ours. Seeing deer is common around here, but not in groups this large so close to the house. I counted ten does. I pictured them all headed off to the coffee shop or the bathroom. It seems females always travel together, no matter the breed!

A few minutes later Sam wandered in the house. I asked him if he had seen the ten deer. He looked at me very calmly and said, "There were eleven".

Silly Mom.

No comments: