Saturday, December 15, 2012

Strangest injury to date...

I have not been feeling well the past few days. I feel as though I have been fighting some sort of bug. I've had frequent bad headaches, some nausea and heartburn and I've been very tired. This morning I got up and got the kids through their showers so they could go to rehearsal for tomorrow's Christmas program at church.

Once Bill took the kids to church, I started wrapping some Christmas gifts. But after awhile, my head was pounding so badly that I laid down and fell asleep. After a bit, the boys came home. It doesn't phase them in the least if I'm asleep. They talk to me as though I'm fully conscious.

Sam came in my room, whimpering. He told me his nose hurt. I mumbled some sympathy and asked what was wrong. He said he accidentally stuck his Christmas tree up his nose. A moment later, I heard him gasp. The wound (up his nose, from a Christmas tree!!) was bleeding. I did NOT want to fully wake up. I knew if I did, I'd laugh, and that would just make my pounding head throb even more. I muttered to Sam to get a Kleenex and pinch his nose to stop the bleeding. I then sent him off to find his more-conscious father.

Sam had me look up his nose later in the day. Sure enough, there was a scratch. I'm guessing he was either relocating his miniature tree or re-doing the lights on it when it viciously attacked him. What's next for that child?

No comments: