Sunday, October 14, 2012

Obsessed

It's been a wet, gloomy weekend.  This afternoon, I took Sam to Meijer with me.  When we were loading up the car to come home, we noticed that it was once again getting dark off to the west (this was followed by yet another discussion of which way is west, which way is east, which way is north...you get the idea).  I told Sam I hoped we would make it home before it started raining.  We had the Cruze, and it is parked in the driveway until the Saab goes to storage for the winter (which is soon, hopefully.  I'm getting tired of scraping ice off of the Cruze in the mornings).  Anyway, we hurried home and I quickly unloaded the car.  Sam and TJ turned on the radar and the excitement quickly grew out of control.  It got WINDY!  It started to RAIN!  The clouds were DARK!  Then we saw one or two flashes of LIGHTNING!  The boys get so excited it is almost impossible to have a conversation with Bill.  At one point, I muttered to him that their excitement level had reached the orgasmic stage.  He snickered and agreed.

Sam's other obsession this week has been pumpkins.  He wanted so badly to go to the pumpkin patch yesterday and pick out our annual pumpkin.  But the rain totally foiled our plans.  He's been talking about his disappointment all weekend.  He perked up considerably when I let him pick out a small $2 pumpkin at Meijer to tide him over until we do get to the pumpkin patch.  He held it the entire time we shopped, and our very understanding cashier gave it back to him as soon as she rang it up.  He carefully put it on on the front porch as soon as we got home.

Since everyone's sprinklers are off for the winter, Sam is back to doing artwork.  This week, he's been painting pictures of the radar and pumpkins.  I actually think he's a pretty decent artist.  He did not get that from me.

No comments: