Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A few Sam-isms

So I mentioned last time that Sam is really excited about pumpkins lately.  Bill and I went up north last weekend, and I arranged for my parents to take the boys to the pumpkin patch while we were gone.  I spoke with Sam on the phone the morning they went and asked if he was excited.  I could tell by his voice that he was.  He informed me that he was going to get three pumpkins: "A big one, a sized one, and a little one."  My boys use that word every once in a while.  They use it in place of 'regular', 'average' or 'medium'.  It always makes me laugh.

For the record, Grandma let him select two pumpkins.  I appreciated that, since we already had the one from Meijer.  I don't want them to take over my front porch.

This morning, Sam and TJ were having a discussion about doctors.  Sam was saying, "Yep, that's the doctor I went to when we found out about my aspirin."  I wasn't sure what he was talking about.  Sam has never taken aspirin in his life.  But a moment later, he used the word again.  I asked him if he meant 'asthma'.  He said, "Oh, right.  That's the word."

Last week, it was nearly bedtime, but I was still completing the tedious task of changing the bedding on the bunk beds.  The boys are not supposed to be in their room while I am doing this, as they just get in my way and slow me way down.  Bill found Sam out in the hall, waiting.  Sam said, "I can't go in my room.  Mama is still building the beds."

No comments: