Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I have no words

Bill is in Detroit today and tomorrow. That meant tonight was a busy evening. It was further complicated by the fact that I went to the shoe store and Meijer on my way home. Then I stopped and picked up the boys and their backpacks from my mom's. So we had quite a few things in the car by the time we got home. The boys all jumped out of the van and headed inside, empty-handed. I scolded them and thought they all turned around to help me carry stuff inside.

But in the midst of working on laundry, emptying backpacks, and making dinner, I realized I didn't have Sam's backpack. I had seen him put it in the van, so I knew it was around somewhere. I called out to him and asked him to see if his backpack was in the van. He grumbled, but went out to look. He came back in a minute later (while I was in the midst of doing laundry) and said yes, I was right, he had left his backpack in the van.

I got the dryer going and looked around to see where his backpack was. I couldn't find it. I checked the front hall, the kitchen, and the dining room. No backpack. I called for Sam again and asked him WHERE he had put the backpack. "Oh," he said. "I left it in the van. I told you I wanted YOU to bring it in."

What?! You have got to be kidding me! You betcha I marched him right back outside to get his own backpack and bring it inside.

No comments: