Thursday, May 10, 2012

Today's Tidbits

TJ sat down for dinner last night, looked at the food on his plate and said, "Finally!  Nothing disgusting!"

After dinner tonight, Sam was playing in the living room.  He called out to me that his tummy wasn't feeling well.  I asked what would make him feel better.  His response? "A cookie."  I'm guessing his illness wasn't serious.

Willoughby the wonder kitten keeps getting himself into trouble.  This morning, I pulled open our pantry doors to get out a Pop Tart for Nolan.  I handed it to him, put the box away, and shut the doors.  I didn't realize our overly curious kitten had crawled in and was exploring the bottom shelf.  I should also mention that Bill is in Detroit, so the house was empty all day.  This evening, the boys and I got home around 5:45.  I was standing in the kitchen, flipping through the mail, when I heard a rustling sound coming from the pantry.  It was one of those moments where I instantly knew what had happened.  I yanked the doors open, and a sleepy Willoughby climbed out.  He had been in there for over 10 hours!  What's amazing is that other than chewing on a couple boxes of granola bars, there was no mess, and no damage.  And no, he didn't use it as a litter box.  It appears he spent most of the day sleeping on an unopened package of croutons.  He seemed very, very glad to be out of there.  And rather hungry too.  Here's hoping he learned his lesson.

No comments: