Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nolan-isms

Nolan has just been a hoot to talk to lately. He uses such big words for such a small three-year-old.

**Yesterday, Grandma was on the computer. Nolan was playing behind her with Mia, my sister's dog. Suddenly, Nolan yelled out, "Grandma! We have a situation!" (Mia's dog toy had fallen in the pack-n-play and Nolan couldn't reach it)

**Last night, I was preparing to go to the wedding of a co-worker. I put on a new top and a long black skirt. Nolan wandered in my bedroom and watched me get ready. He said, "Mama, you look really nice!" I was genuinely flattered and started to thank him when he continued on, "You look JUST like Daddy!" Bill and I were both stumped by that one and Bill said it didn't sound like a compliment to either one of us.

**Nolan has still been struggling on the potty. He is afraid to poop on the potty, so he holds it in until he gets constipated. Then, his tummy hurts, but he's afraid to poop because he thinks it will hurt. Then he is simply unable to go more than teeny tiny amounts. We get stuck in a vicious cycle. I've been stuffing the boy with fiber and the other day, finally had to give him an enema because he was so miserable. I then got him comfortable on the potty and told him he needed to stay there until the poop came out. About ten minutes later, I heard his awed voice coming from the bathroom. "Mama. Come here! I did two huge poops. That was INCREDIBLE!" I laughed all the way down to the bathroom.

No comments: