Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Silly boys

Tonight we went to visit my newest niece and nephew, Alyssa and Emmett, and to drop off some food for their parents. On the way there, Sam was admiring the street lights on Lake Michigan Drive...you know, the plain, old ugly ones. He said, "Mom? Those street lights are so lovely." I laughed. On the way back home, I took a picture so that you could see how lovely they are:


Also on the way there, Sam commented on 'what a nice part of town this is'. He said this as we were going past the train yard at Hall Street. I wouldn't walk by myself in that part of town, but to him, it's beautiful because the trains are plentiful.

Then the boys had their first opportunity to see Alyssa. They weren't able to see her in the hospital, because she spent her first 24 hours in the NICU. Dan took Bill and I down to see her, but we left the boys with Grandma Ellen. Anyway, for some reason, I thought they'd be interested in meeting a new cousin. Nope. TJ smiled at her, took her picture, and that was all the attention she got from her cousins. They were more interested in the toys, the deck, Ruby the dog...poor Alyssa. I suppose she might as well get used to it.

We got home just before 9:00 and the boys were tired. I unbuckled Nolan and told him that in just four days, we'd be camping! I asked him if he was excited. His response was "No. I'm too tired."

I scooped up my too-tired boy and as I carried him in the house, he whispered in my ear:
"Mama. We have to remember not to pee in our beds."

I will try to remember.

No comments: