Monday, June 13, 2011

It's the thought that counts....right?

On the last day of school, TJ spent part of his afternoon off playing outside. At one point, he came in with a handful of wild daisies that he had picked for me. He knows I enjoy having fresh flowers in the house, and I definitely prefer daisies over the dandelions the boys usually bring in. I admired the flowers and TJ asked if we could put them in one of those glass containers (otherwise known as a 'vase'). I said yes, but he needed to be patient for a few minutes while I finished up what I was doing. A short time later, I walked into the dining room and saw this:


Yes, that is my beautiful crystal vase. It is the most expensive decorative vase in my home, and was a wedding gift. TJ got it down, all by himself from the cupboard above the microwave. Wayyyy up here:


I am so, so glad he didn't break it, but even more glad I didn't see him climb up there and pull it down. I'm sure I would have had a heart attack on the spot. Even Bill, who so rarely gets riled up, was a bit upset when he heard who got the vase down.

But, it's the thought that counts, right????

No comments: