Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Inexplicable

Tomorrow is TJ's 11th birthday. Eleven. How is that possible?  It seems just like yesterday that he was running around the house with a yard stick (his favorite toy) and chattering on about the 'tees' (trees). 

TJ is having a pool party at an area high school on Sunday. He loves to swim and this was actually the most affordable party option I came up with. I told him yesterday that I was going to order a cake made out of two dozen cupcakes to feed the kids at the party. TJ requested that I get cupcakes that were white inside. He informed me he doesn't like chocolate cake. This was news to me, but I promised there would be no chocolate.

Tonight, Nolan had therapy and TJ and Sam had their first practice for the Christmas program at church. I was with Nolan and Bill had the other two. I asked him to stop by the grocery store on the way home so TJ could pick out a dessert for his birthday dinner tomorrow. That's right. I didn't bake. I haven't had the time, the energy, or the desire. 

I got home from therapy and was very surprised to see TJ picked out this cake:

Sure looks like a lot of chocolate for a kid who doesn't want a chocolate cake! Bill said he was surprised too. You know why TJ wanted this specific cake? He thought the name on the label was hysterical. 

TJ saw me looking at the cake and said, "Isn't that a funny name for a cake? But I sure hope there isn't chocolate cake under the frosting!"

Oh, my Dear. That's pretty much the point of Death by Chocolate!

Happy birthday, TJ!

No comments: