Sunday, April 20, 2014

Earth friendly, wet, and naked

Sam likes to take his showers in my bathroom. I'm not quite sure why, but as long as he doesn't make a mess, I don't mind sharing my space. 

The one item I am somewhat protective of is my shampoo. I get it on Etsy from a company called Gudonyatoo. This stuff is amazing. Sam is allowed to use it, but only if he uses a small amount. 

This type of shampoo is a cream that comes in a jar. I knew the jar in the shower was running low, and sure enough, Sam used the last little bit the other night when he was showering. He flipped the jar over and spotted the symbol indicating it is recyclable. Sam wanted to make SURE this container was properly recycled, so he jumped out of the shower and was heading for the garage when I stopped him. I reminded him that we recycle everything possible, so there was no way I would have accidentally thrown the container away. I also pointed out that there was no hurry. We could put it in the recyclables later. Finally, I pointed out that he was stark naked, dripping water all over the hall, and he still had shampoo in his hair. 

I suggested perhaps he would like to finish his shower and then recycle. He laughed, but followed directions. 

That boy. I never know whether to laugh, be super proud of him, or try to shake some sense into him. Usually I do a little bit of each. 

No comments: