Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Relaxing is tough work

Today was a lazy at-sea day.  We went to breakfast in the nicer dining room, since we had the time to spare.  My Belgian waffles with strawberries and cream was fabulous.

Breakfast was so stressful that I had to come back to our room and take a nap.  Both Bill and I also did lots of walking around the ship.  I took some more pictures, including some pictures of the coastline of Cuba.  We had some rain on and off, but it cleared up and got quite warm by lunch time.

Our only disappointment for today was that we had wanted to see the movie "The Butler" in the small screening room.  But because of the rain, lots of other people had the same idea, and the room was full.  Bill opted to have a DVD delivered to our stateroom instead.  I mentioned wanting to see "So I Married an Axe Murderer", but he went with "Of Mice and Men." Yawn.

I had banana ice cream for an afternoon snack. Yeah.  That was...weird.

We often have to walk through the shops on the third level to get from one place to another.  Much to my disappointment, they do not have any aloe vera for sale.  I resemble a greenhouse tomato today.  And, much to my disappointment, Bill keeps checking out the men's watches available in the jewelry store.  The first one he looked at was on sale for a mere $2600.  I told him to PUT IT BACK.  

Tomorrow we visit Ocho Rios, Jamaica.  Bill and I will be going on a tour of Fern Gully (the rainforest) and some caves.  I'm looking forward to it.  And Bill wants to find some Jamaican coffee to bring home.  If we are able to find an Internet cafe, we may post some pictures and do some texting.  I found out the hard way yesterday that pictures upload very slowly when using the ship's internet.  Sucked up 10 precious minutes yesterday uploading those pictures.  Oopsie.  Hope you enjoyed them!

It's time to get ready for the first of our two formal dinners.  I'm going to have my nightly bowl of French onion soup at dinner.  I can't even begin to tell you how fabulous it is.  It's too bad they don't serve it by the gallon.

No comments: