Wednesday, January 8, 2014

So there!

When it comes to assisting Nolan, I have discovered I have to keep a well-defined line of helping him when he genuinely needs it and when he is just feeling lazy.  Things like buttoning, zipping, etc. are things he needs assistance with.  Putting on his shirt, pants, and socks are things he can do on his own.

The other morning, Nolan was carrying on that he needed me to help him with his socks.  I flatly refused.  He got upset.  I still refused.  He got defiant.  I refused to budge.  Then, he decided to play dirty.  He watched me walk into my closet and pull out a pair of shoes to put on.

He yelled at me, "You are NOT the best mom ever!  And those are not beautiful shoes!"

I ignored him.  He finally gave up and put his socks on.

For the record, I liked the shoes I was wearing.

No comments: