Wednesday, January 29, 2014

He gets it!

This past weekend, we took the boys on the Amtrak to Chicago. From there, we took the Metra to New Lenox and went to the DeYoung family Christmas party. Taking the train turned out to be a brilliant move, as the roads were awful. Eric's family and Amanda's family didn't even go, the roads were so bad. 

But my boys were beyond excited. They loved every minute of the Amtrak ride and were excited about the Metra because there is an upper level. I agreed that we could sit up there. I had been up since before 5:30, and we had been traveling for about 7 hours at this point. I was exhausted. Nolan, my seat mate, was still going strong. In fact, he was literally bouncing out of his seat. I finally asked him if he would PLEASE just settle down. 

Nolan gave me a knowing look and said, "Why? Am I being annoying again?"

No comments: