Sunday, June 30, 2013

Strangeness goes beyond the humans

I admit it. We Barons are a strange lot. But I like it that way. Normal is boring. 

Our cats are quirky too. Willoughby has earned the nickname 'Mr. Jitters'. Everything makes him nervous. I am his favorite person, but he still gets panicky if I pick him up. 

Katie loves to be brushed. Good thing, because she is a big gray fluffball. Willoughby has finer fur and doesn't shed nearly as much. But with the arrival of warmer weather, he is shedding a bit and I knew I had to introduce the cat brush to him. Initially he was terrified of it. It took many short brushing sessions before he finally decided the cat brush was a good thing. 

Our next problem? The scary black stuff that comes off of the brush and goes in the garbage. To humans, it looks like excess fur. To Willoughby, it must be alive! It could be dangerous! It must be subdued!

He pulls the wads of fur out of the garbage and attacks them. I find damp clumps of fur scattered about. Thanks, Buddy. 



No comments: