Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Clothing Issues

Does it come as a surprise to any of you that my children have clothing issues?

Sam INSISTS on wearing socks. Regardless of the weather, he wants socks on his feet. Even at night. I am often cold at night, but the thought of sleeping with socks on my feet drives me batty. Still, I let him wear them, because it's easier than listening to him cry and carry on about it.

Sam also does not like his sandals. Why? Because you typically do not wear socks with sandals! I have occasionally let him wear his socks with his sandals, only to discover that his socks turn blue (from his blue sandals). Nice. The few times I've convinced him to go without socks have been stressful for him, and as soon as he comes inside and removes his shoes (we have a 'no shoe' policy in the house), he's shrieking for me to come put either socks or slippers on him.

Sam is also not fond of shorts. It's been a fairly cool May and June, so I think he's worn shorts all of three times now. It takes him several minutes to adjust to the fact that "My legs are showing! My legs are showing!" I can't convince him that's how it's supposed to be.

If you faithfully read my blog (and you should!) you may remember the story from about a month ago where TJ had some slivers on the bottom of his feet. After I removed them, he said his foot still felt 'tonky'. Anyway, I gave him strict instructions not to take his shoes off outside anymore.

Last week was the end of the school year. Mrs. Tagg sent home a really nice memory book with each child. It was filled with pictures, memories, and artwork from the school year. TJ was featured in each picture in his book (it must have taken her ages to make all of these!)...except for the last picture. The picture showed his class doing some sort of outdoor art project using their feet. She wrote a note above the picture telling me not to look for TJ...that he was sitting against the building, his shoes tightly on. The picture seems to have been taken shortly after the sliver incident. Oops. TJ was obeying Mommy's orders. Guess I should have specified that if his teacher told him to take his shoes off, it was okay.

Here is TJ and Mrs. Tagg last week. He has grown and changed so much! She was a marvelous teacher:

No comments: