Saturday, October 25, 2008

Funny, funny kids

TJ had some words of wisdom he shared with Bill today. He said, "Daddy, I know why you and Mama had kids. You got married, and then saw that you had a lot of plates and juice, and decided you needed kids. So you had 3 babies: TJ and Sam and Nolan". Bill laughed at that piece of logic.

TJ is discovering how to find the 'extras' on his DVDs. He has really latched onto a music video that is on the most recent release of "101 Dalmations". It's Selina Gomez (she's on some Disney TV show) singing a rocked-up version of "Cruella DeVil". Personally, I think it's cheesy, but TJ loves it. He drags out my old exercise trampoline and jumps to beat while he sings along. It's strange, but very funny to watch.

Sam is developing a taste for some unusual foods. A couple weeks ago he was bugging me while I made dinner. I gave him some sunflower seeds, figuring he'd be grossed out and would go away. Nope. He loves them. He then decided that if sunflower seeds were good, peanuts would be good. The only problem with that is "Peanut" is a nickname I've often called him over the years (not that it describes his appearance!). Yesterday, he walked in the kitchen and I said, "Hi Peanut!" And he said, "Yes, wan' peanuts, pwease!". Oh, boy. Looks like he needs a new nickname.

Sam processes his thoughts out loud. Last week, my mom was watching him and overheard him talking softly to himself. "Sam poops." (pause) "TJ poops." (pause) "Nolan poops." This went on as he named every family member he could think of (yes, even me). My mom didn't dare laugh, but he seemed quite amazed to realize we all have the same body function!

Nolan was having a little tantrum when I was holding him this afternoon, and he wound up hanging his head upside down on my lap. He decided he liked that, and stayed that way for awhile.

On a serious note, Sam's had a few tummy aches this week. I can't figure out what's bothering him. He had a bad one around 11:00 last night. I wound up giving him ibuprofen to help the cramps go away. I think I'll start giving him the papaya extracts at dinner again. They taste like papaya (so he's willing to eat them), but help with digestion. I took them when I was pregnant with Nolan and discovered they prevent heart burn.

No comments: