Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A loving hazard

Copper knows our daily routines pretty well. She loves when I get coffee, because she gets a Milk Bone. She loves lunchtime because she gets to sit outside and sniff the breeze (seriously...one of her favorite things to do). And she really loves 3:30, because that means we are walking down to the bus stop to retrieve her boys.

So at 3:30 today, when I was heading downstairs, Copper was more than a little excited. With every step I went down, she would nip my toes. I was getting annoyed. She wasn't hurting me, but I didn't particularly want to trip and fall. I stopped about 3/4 of the way down and gave her a lecture about being nice. She sheepishly slunk down the rest of the stairs. 

Wouldn't you know it...I forgot something and had to run back upstairs. So Copper's excitement was reset. She ran back up with me and then accompanied me back down. But she took my lecture seriously. With each step I took, she licked my toes. 

So I likely will still trip and fall one of these days, courtesy of the dog. But it's all done in love, right?

No comments: