Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The magic house

We are at our U.P. house again this week. We figured there was no better way to spend the last week of summer. I can't believe school starts next week!

I have found a flaw with this house. The rest of my family is under the mistaken impression that it is a magic house. Why else would they:
*Put empty ice cube trays in the freezer, waiting for them to magically refill
*Leave their dirty dishes scattered all over the dining room table, waiting for them to magically put themselves in the sink or dishwasher
*Leave their dirty clothes in piles on the floors of the bedrooms, waiting for them to magically transport themselves to the laundry basket in the bathroom 
*Drink every last drop out of our Brita-type pitcher and then put it back in the fridge totally empty. This one really kills me. Bill is concerned about lead in our water pipes, so the kids are not to drink the water out of the tap. Water must filter through the pitcher first. So if someone puts it in the fridge empty, it means the next person has no drinking water. 

So either everyone thinks the house has some magic qualities or the only reason they bring me along is to play the role of the Maid. I need to retrain them, and fast, before I hurt someone. 

A few other tidbits. Sam is fascinated with the radiators here. He wishes it was colder so we could run them more. He thinks they are beautiful.  He also thinks the ladder that goes up to the third floor is beautiful. 

I put new Jamberry wraps on tonight. After I finished, I noticed they coordinated perfectly with the toilet. I'm so stylish!



No comments: