Sunday, November 27, 2011

A very brief snuggle

Today is Sunday. Otherwise known as Everybody-in-the-Baron-family-naps day. I was out running errands with Brianna and got home shortly after 2:00. Bill was nodding off on the couch and all the boys were in bed. I took advantage of the quiet house and quickly mopped the floors and prepared my grocery list before I laid down at 3:15.

Less than five minutes later, Nolan came in my room. It was a little early for him to be awake, and he had a rather dazed look on his face. I told him he had to stay quiet because everyone else was asleep, and that he could lay with me. He looked pleased, and crawled into bed next to me. He snuggled down.

15 seconds passed.

Nolan sat up, announced he would rather be in his own bed, climbed down and went back into his room. He must've gone back to sleep because I didn't hear a peep from him for an hour. I even managed to sneak a half hour nap in before everyone else woke up.

No comments: