Sunday, January 17, 2016

You have got to be kidding me...

My boys have gotten in to the bad habit of complaining about whatever has been prepared for dinner. It doesn't matter if my mom cooked, or if I did...they complain about everything equally. There are only a handful of meals that they don't complain about....cheeseburgers, pizza, tacos, French toast, and jambalaya (go figure). 

This has gotten them in to trouble more than once, and oftentimes, at least one child is left at the dinner table for an extended period of time until they eat the portion they were told to eat. 

For Sunday dinner today, my mom made a turkey breast. With mashed potatoes. And gravy. Oh, heaven. Nolan sits down, looks at the beautiful spread and says, "You have got to be kidding me! We had meat last week!"

He couldn't quite understand why the rest of us thought that was so funny. 

For the record, he actually ate the turkey just fine, and with a little encouragement from Charlotte, ate about 3 bites of potatoes, which is a lot for him. 

No comments: