Saturday, March 22, 2014

Green Acres

Earlier this week, shortly after I picked up the boys from the bus, I noticed the light to the basement was on. I flipped it off and went about my afternoon. The next day, I noticed it was on again. This time, I thought it was a little strange. The boys rarely go downstairs and Bill was still at work. Again, I turned the light off. 

On Friday afternoon, I noticed the light was on AGAIN. By this point, I was getting frustrated. Who was doing this and why?? I marched over to the stairs to turn the light off and then heard Sam coming up the stairs. He was very excited. 

About a week and a half ago, Bill and Sam planted some seeds indoors to get their summer garden started. Bill put the tray on the window sill in the basement bedroom, to protect the plants from the cats. Sam had been going down there every day to check his plants. On Friday, he was overjoyed to see the lettuce was coming up. 

I love his enthusiasm and the fact that he and Bill can do this together. Now, I just need to train them to turn off the lights when they are done. 

No comments: