Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sam's ginormous mother

First thing this morning, Sam had his annual visit with the allergist. He hasn't had a breathing episode in months, so I anticipated this to be a quick appointment. Sam did his breathing test and then the doctor asked him to sit on the examining table. Sam climbed up and laid down so he could see out the window. 

I was sitting in a chair next to the table and I rested my arm along the pillow, just above Sam's head while I talked with the doctor. After awhile, Sam grew tired of looking out the window so he turned his head to face me. He started carefully studying my arm, which was right next to his head. 

"What's this?" he asked me and he gently pinched my triceps. I told him it was my triceps muscle. Then I flexed my arm and pointed out my bicep. Sam flexed his own arm and studied the muscles. Then he looked at mine. Then he squeezed my triceps again. Then he slapped it to see if it would jiggle. 

"Why is yours so much bigger than mine? Seriously. It's ginormous."

I can heartily assure you he wasn't complimenting my spectacular physique. He also wasn't intentionally being mean or cruel. But he definitely succeeded in giving the doctor a laugh.

You'll have to excuse me now. I'm going to go lift weights. 

No comments: